5/5/08
FHE- maybe not tonight!
Tonight was family home evening. It was a crazy one so I had to blog about it! My three almost four year old decided she wanted nothing to do with family night. She kept telling me " I'm just not ready and I don't want to do it " Summer Lynn showed us her rebellious side as she stomped out on to the deck proclaiming her lack of interest in FHE. I said ok Summer you can just wait on the deck. We then opened the window and sang Popcorn Popping as loud as possible to make sure she heard it ( her favorite song ) followed by a prayer by her sister blessing her to please come next time. Shouldn't I be dealing with this in ten years when she's 14?????? Anyway, long story short Ember my 20 month old starting throwing a fit, summer had a melt down and Malia wouldn't stop doing hand stands and cart wheels!!! So I gave my husband a one minute lesson on following the Prophet out of the April friend magazine :) I'm sure he appreciated it. I sat there wondering if any of my kids got one thing out of the whole experience. It was just crazy and now that I look back pretty comical. One of those times when you had to be there. Oh well I guess i get a E for effort right?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



7 comments:
Just doing it is a total bonus! It is so important to show your kids that you care about it. One day they will look back and remember always having FHE and totally appreciate it! I remember my parents trying to get us all together and our attitudes in the right spirit, it didn't always happen, but I remember that every Monday was FHE with out fail. :)
Total E for effort! I remember FHE's growing up, and I think they were exactly the same, only there were 5 more kids there doing goodness knows what! THe point is, I have memories of it - whether good or bad, I still know we at least did it.
You're setting up a tradition that will stick with them, whether they like it or not! Way to keep going despite the chaos...by the way, I'm all for the one minute lessons, at least you know you've kept their attention for the entire time!
As crazy as it may seem... I wish I had been there.
Love it, I think at somepoint we can all relate to that!
Love it, I think at somepoint we can all relate to that!
Ha Ha! Thanks funny. By the way Ashley showed up at 10:30! Darn it!
Post a Comment