You better look good at this post cause you might not see one like it again! Yesterday morning my good friend Rebecca came over and taught me how to make homemade bread. She even grinds the wheat herself! This is a huge accomplishment for me people! We made 6 loaves and it cost us about $1.50. That is so worth it! And with my trusty Bosch mixer it was really easy! Maybe I will try it again sometime. Just to get that taste of that hot bread smothered in butter and honey.....oh my it was a winner recipie for sure...here's a picture just to make your mouth water:)




5 comments:
Good job, they look great!! Now you'll have to teach me. I'm so not a baker.
I will get a loaf of bread from the bakery, not have them slice it, and put it in a loaf pan. Don't tell Sterling he will think I can bake :)Good job Karen. Just don't tell Sterling you bake bread now. It will be one more thing to add to my list.
Beautiful bread Harv! I have a Bosch too, and it is heaven! You will find out that you can whip up lots of great breads in a jiff with that machine. If you want some of my recipes, let me know. I have a killer pizza dough recipe that takes about 30 minutes from start to finish! Perfectoyummo! (You inspired me to pull it out and do some loaves tomorrow!)
Karen, I am hurt! Why didn't I get any of this beautiful bread. I can seriously smell it through the computer screen! Hmmm.... yup! Smells good!
So, Karen,...when are you coming up here to bake us some of your yummy looking bread? ;o) Yeah...I've tried to bake bread before...I think I killed the yeast using too hot of water and the dough totally did not rise - it was really sad! Kevin laughs at my attempts to be domestic! I'm so not!
Post a Comment